- Graduated Washington State University – Business 1965
- Graduated Washington AgForestry Leadership Program (Class 22 – 2001)
- Small Forest Landowner in Thurston and Grays Harbor Counties
- Represents statewide SFLOs on DNR’s Small Forestland Owner Advisory Committee and served on the prior TFW Policy SFLO sub-committee
- Hosted the HCP signing between the Federal Services & the State of Washington on our tree farm in 2006
- Multiple short stints filling in for others on TFW Policy and Cultural Resources
- Double cancer survivor
Professional experience (52 years)
- 35 years in sales and marketing management of multiple wood manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada, & Brazil.
- 17 years + supporting and advocating for Washington’s SFLOs in hopes of helping them stay on the landscape providing: clean air, clean water, critter habitat, perpetual carbon sequestration, green building products, and viewscapes for our city folks that like our trees but don’t seem to understand we also need to harvest every 50 years or so to remain somewhat economically viable.
- Relationships providing a keen understanding of what motivates SFLOs.
- Washington Farm Forestry Association Board member and Past President
- Family Forest Foundation Board member
- Family Forest Legacies, LLC , Chair
- Washington Tree Farm Program
- Washington Forest Protection Association
- Washington Farm Bureau
- Scott Lake Drainage District Board Chair
- WDFW SFLO Bear Damage Committee
- Co-Representative of SFLOs on the Timber-Fish-Wildlife Policy Committee of the Forest and Fish Adaptive Management Program
- Married 53 years to 1st grade sweetheart